Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mental Prophecy

I want to relate to you something that happened over the weekend. I was walking to Taco Bell to get food for Nicolle and myself. Now, this is a rough part of town, and there are alot of homeless people. As it goes with the homeless, some are genuine people who have had a hard time, and some are genuinely evil people out to take advantage of others. One guy I've heard of around here who begs for money on the corner actually lives in a giant house and from what I've heard has significant control of some of the local gang activity.

On my way to get food, I past a homeless couple that I have seen on more than one occasion. I know these two from when they took advantage of a couple of other friends of mine who used to live here, and who I have written about in this blog, Ed and Cliff. I get a very bad vibe from them. I don't claim to know exactly what they're involved in, but I assure you it isn't good.

What was weird was that the two were accompanied by two other known drug people, which caught my attention specifically because the couple is usually by themselves. They were hogging the sidewalk, and I had to cut through the grass to avoid them. As I passed the four of them, I thought, "Man are they really going the wrong way. Both literally, and figuratively.". I also thought something to the effect of, "The wages of sin is death." After that, I forgot about them and went on about my business.

Also, earlier the same day, Nicolle and I had caught up on our daily devotionals. We had missed two of them, so we read them all at once along with the associated scriptures. The first of them referenced 1 Kings 3:12 - "Indeed I give you a wise and discerning mind." That verse in particular had been on my mind since we read it.

The next morning, I awoke and got on line, as usual. The first headline I saw was a post by a local news station:

"Wrong way collision kills four in Wise County overnight..."

1 comment:

BruceF said...

An interesting sequence of lucid dreams. Thanks for sharing. By 'coincidence' my friend and I were discussing lucid dreams just last night. I am sure you will not be surprised to hear about that in light of your experiences.