Thursday, August 11, 2011

Angels and Coincidences

Last night I posted an ad on a local message board about needing housing. I got one call last night after the post went up, a man with the last name "Angel". I want to keep his first name out of this out of respect.. he doesn't now me and I don't feel it would be right to blast his name all over the Internet because he was calling to see if he could help us.

He asked me quite a few questions, as preliminary landlords are prone to do. He was polite and we clearly shared a Christian viewpoint. After we hung up, I couldn't get it out of my head that his last name was Angel. I think I've stated numerous times on this blog that I believe we're protected by angels, and still believe that.

So today, we were informed that some of Nicolle's medicine was ready for pickup at her doctor's office. For some reason they wouldn't call it in, so I had to fork over for a cab. I briefly considered the bus and train but the way the buses run here I would be lucky to have gotten to the doctor's office by tomorrow morning, let alone by 5PM today. Besides, it isn't far, so I went ahead and called a cab.

Cab came. We took off to our destination, and as he seemed friendly, we got to talking. Eventually, I introduced myself by name, and so did he. His name was Gabriel.

After getting the sign last night, I knew something about angels would come up today. I'm learning a little bit about how to read the what I'm being given and I'm slowly making progress. I knew it would come up, and it did.

After we made the rounds... doctor's office and pharmacy, I told him about some of the experiences I've been having. Then he asked me to pray for him. He said he had something going on in his life of a very spiritual nature, and said there were a group of people involved causing some sort of conflict. I couldn't understand him very well because he had a heavy Nigerian accent, but I promised to pray for him, and as I did, out of the blue I was suddenly overcome at that moment to give him some advice as well. I told him this: "You carry the name of the Angel of the Lord, so you are blessed. (He had also told me his son's name was Issac). I don't know what your trial is, but remember this: Evil never triumphs over good. I've sometimes had people tell me that this isn't always true, but they are mistaken. Sometimes this appears to be the case, and for one specific reason: The fact is, the only time evil triumphs over good is when the good people give up the fight. If you are right, just and truthful, and what you are doing is good, never give up. No matter what. You can be assured it won't be easy, you'll suffer, and you might even come to harm.. it depends on the battle. But do this and you will win whatever battles with evil are ahead of you. Remember what Paul said to Timothy from prison. 'I have fought the good fight, I have kept the faith'." (Strangely enough, this quote from Paul was the exact same thing I said to Mr. Angel last night, when he asked about how we were handling our situation.)

Gabriel thanked me. Then he looked me in the eye and shook my hand. "Your name is Timothy," he said. "Timothy, yes," I said. "God bless, and don't give up."

And I went inside the hotel.

It's true. I didn't mention to the man anything of our current battles or about our supernatural ceiling manifestations.. it just wasn't appropriate to get into it. But what I DID tell him is something I live my life by. Nicolle and I are in a battle with pure evil. It is a hard battle we're fighting. But we will prevail, or we will die trying. the wrongs that have been done to us, including the damage done to my own daughter, my baby.. can only be reversed by pushing and pushing until the truth of the entire situation is revealed. Many people want us to shut up and go away, stop complaining, stop being negative.. blah blah blah. I've had my life threatened on more than one occasion. But the people wanting us to move on simply don't understand that there is so much more here involved than just "moving on". This is about honor, truth, and justice. This is about righting wrongs that have been done by fighting until the deed is done. It's the only way. And it will be done, because God is with us. I feel His spirit everywhere.

No comments: